Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mouth Wide Shut: Worst Movie Dialogue Ever


Entertainment Weekly has a new feature on the Worst Movie Dialogue Ever. IMO I think they skipped a very few good candidates. Here's my list of snubs in that category:

"It's turkey time. Gobble, gobble."
-Ricki (Jennifer Lopez) as she tries to seduce Larry (Ben Affleck) in Gigli.

"We ask ourselves, is she black? Is she white? We don't care. She's exotic. I want to see more of her breasts."
-A video director as he works the set for Billie's (Mariah Carey) video in Glitter.

"The glitter must not overpower the artist!" See movie above.

"Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!"
-King Leonidas' motivational/nutrition-conscious speech in (Gerard Butler) in 300.

Dr. Sarah Taylor (Rebecca De Mornay): Mr. Ramirez, my mother taught me never to talk to strangers.
Tony Ramirez (Antonio Banderas): If you never talk to strangers, you'll never meet anyone new.
From Never Talk To Strangers.

"The Buddhist have a saying, 'If you meet your master on the road, kill him.' "
-Zen-like serial killer in the aforementioned movie.

"I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM BEOWULF!"
-Frustrated Spartan Beowulf (Ray Winston) in Beowulf.

"Yes, I'd love to do this movie"
-Words spoken off-camera by Rob Scnheider before any of his movies.

What do you think, Güey Watchers? Do you have any additions you'd like to make to this list in the comments section? I know you do...

2 comments:

odnamrA said...

The Star Wars prequels contain the most precious treasure trove of bad dialogue ever. Including the worst possible name for a planet:

"I seem to have lost Planet Kamino"

and the wonderful love line:

"Hold me, like you did in Naboo."

Faboo!

Alviseni said...

all the dialoques in all movies starring will smith.